Your Title Goes Here
University of Cambridge CELTA Course
This course, which was originally designed by the founder of IH, John Haycraft, at IH London in 1962, is the most recognised initial teacher training course in the world. IH Galway is proud to continue in the tradition of IH as world leaders in teacher training.
The CELTA is a 120-hour four-week intensive course which is suitable for applicants with no teaching qualification or experience or for teachers of English who have gained experience but have no formal qualification. Full and part-time/Online CELTA course options are available.
- Gain a qualification which is accredited at Level 5 on the UK National Qualifications Framework
- Gain a qualification which 87% of employers worldwide look for
- Develop many transferable interpersonal skills
- Develop as a professional teacher of English
- Discover how to make language teaching and learning engaging and fun
- Travel to exciting destinations with the most recognised TEFL qualification in the world
On the CELTA course, you learn how to:
- Analyse language for teaching
- Select and adapt texts for students
- Plan a lesson effectively
- Manage students and your lesson
- Help students understand and use grammar and vocabulary
- Help students read, listen, speak and write in English
- Become confident and ready to teach English
Things to know:
- 120 hour intensive course over 4 weeks.
- Suitable for applicants with no teaching qualifications or experience
- Suitable for applicants with teaching qualifications but with no experience.
- Full-time/Part-time and Online Courses Available.
*** Please note that on the CELTA Online course, teaching practice is face to face and is all day Saturday, except for Easter Saturday, April 15
- Enrolment fee: €60
- Materials fee: €60
- Cambridge Assessment fee: €170
- Course fee: €1,460
- Total fees: €1,750
For more information please call us at 091-381110 or contact us by email through our contact page.