University of Cambridge DELTA Course
The University of Cambridge Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults (DELTA), is a world-renowned teaching qualification for experienced teachers. This course is designed to help you:
- Improve your understanding of the principles and practices of teaching
- Deepen your understanding of the English language and how it is described
- Reflect on your current teaching practices and beliefs
- Put into practice what you have learned as a teacher
- Prepare you to move to a more senior role, perhaps in academic management or teacher training
International House London DISTANCE DELTA Course
This DELTA course gives you the option of taking the course wherever you are in the world.
Why Distance DELTA?
- 30+ years’ experience of Cambridge Distance DELTA
- Expert training team, including Cambridge DELTA Examiners and Assessors
- Specifically designed and constantly updated course materials
- Discussion Forum monitored by our DELTA Tutors
- Guidance for writing Module 2 assignments
- Draft assignment facility with individual advice
- Can be taken anywhere in the world
- Have a first degree
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have at least 2 years’ full-time experience of teaching English to adults within the past 5 years
- Have taught in a variety of different teaching/learning contexts and at variety of different levels
- Have a recognised initial teaching qualification, such as the CELTA or equivalent
- Have a CEFR C2 level of English
The DELTA consists of three modules, which may be taken together or separately:
Module One: Understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching
Assessment: a written examination with 2 papers, each of which is 1.5 hours’ long
Fees: £650 (+£102 Cambridge assessment fee)
Module Two: Developing Professional Practice as a Teacher
As part of Module Two, you will attend the two-week face to face component of the course, the Orientation Course.
• 4 language assignments, consisting of an essay plus teaching practice. Three are assessed internally and one is assessed externally by a Cambridge Assessor.
• Professional Development Assignment, which focuses on you as a developing teacher. (During the Orientation Course, you complete the first part of this assignment).
Fees: £2,100, including the £650 Orientation Course fee (+ £127 Cambridge assessment fee)
Module Three: English Language Teaching Specialisation
Assessment: extended assignment focusing on a specific area of English Language Teaching
Fees: £400 (+£72 Cambridge assessment fee)
*Does not include Cambridge assessment fee: £142
For more information please call us at 091-381110 or contact us by email through our contact page.